Jump to ratings and reviews
When my boss forced me on vacation to think about my career at the brewery, I wanted to scream. Then my sister suggested I spend the week at our dad’s cabin in the Poconos to think about what I really wanted.

Hoping for a relaxing week of fishing, hiking, and drinking lots of beer, I didn’t expect to find my sworn enemy already there. It was clear we had been setup by my meddlesome sister.

I had no desire to work out my differences with Felix freaking Jameson. He already broke my heart twice and I wasn’t going to let him do it a third time.

I just hoped the cabin was big enough for the both of us. And that I could forget how good it felt when his mouth was on mine. I definitely wasn’t going to let him into my bed again. Definitely not.

Trapped in Love is a small-town summer vacation romance set in the Poconos. If you love enemies to lovers and forced proximity, this one is for you.

ebook

Published July 19, 2022

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Danica Flynn

8 books185 followers
Danica Flynn is a marketer by day, and a writer by nights and weekends. AKA she doesn’t sleep! She is a rabid hockey fan of both The Philadelphia Flyers and the Metropolitan Riveters. When not writing, she can be found hanging with her partner, playing video games, and reading a ton of books.

amazon.com/author/danicaflynn

Newsletter

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (5%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 28 of 28 reviews
Profile Image for Becky Burrier.
837 reviews72 followers
August 2, 2022
There was such a great energy in this book. This was a perfect steamy and quick read. I love that it is Gemma who is the one who ghosts. There is some crazy banter and tons of enemies to lovers banter.
It has all the fun vacation feels. The chemistry really drives this story and makes for an awesome read.
Profile Image for Lina.
333 reviews25 followers
July 19, 2022
This is the second book from the "MacGregor Brothers Brewing Company" series. Here we have the story of Gemma and Felix. I was really excited to read this book, because I knew that it will be as good as the first one.

The chemistry between Gemma and Felix was beyond the charts and all the banters were making it stronger and stronger. There was a plenty of erotic scenes between them and I managed to fill my eyes and heart with it 🔥🔥🔥.

I agree with Felix that his family comes first, but I am against the idea for him not to communicate with Gemma about it. Maybe it's stupid, but I was definately on her side when she was mad at him. He should have told her. And of course he should have crawl more in order for her to forgive him.

Beside that I really enjoyed this book and had soo much fun reading it.

***I received an ARC from the author and all opinions are my own.***
Profile Image for Tanya .
552 reviews10 followers
July 6, 2022
This contemporary romance is complicated with vibrant women looking to be loved and a single dad who can't commit. Gemma and Felix are a perfect match, with insane chemistry and sparks that light up the steamy scenes, but they have enemies to lovers and a lot of miscommunication. They are forced together by meddling friends. Will they hate each other or fall in love? Can they overcome life's responsibilities and stresses to find their happily ever after?

I love that author incorporations the summer fling, the small-town atmosphere, and the LGBTQ+ stigmas in the book. She weaves in issues perfectly and emotions leaving you loving and hating certain characters but also being connected to both. I love the dual pov as we get to know Felix and Gemma in depth. I love how this book ended. Nothing like a great end to this roller coaster of a read.

Avery's younger sister, Gemma, works at the Macgregor Brothers brewing company. I love Gemma already; you had me hooked with the crystals. She is having a tough time in her love life, getting her hopes up only to be broken again.

We get Felix pov as well, and I don't agree with his reasoning or action he is trying. His life is complicated, but his attraction to Gemma isn't. However, they seem to have a love-hate relationship.

He is an amazing big brother. Ahh, his life is quite complicated, and although he is an amazing big brother, he can't seem to balance his duty with his desires. This book does get steamy.

Oh, a little plot twist and coincidence has these two in for a surprise. Intriguing a truce in this enemies to lovers and back to enemies relationship at least for this week. At least he knows he messed up, but I'm more curious about how he will fix this.

Ah, this book has the perfect summer fling, but of course, this is supposed to end at the beginning of life again. But Felix and Gemma don't like it; they can get away from each other, working at the brewery, so how will this go?

The end of this book is rocky, but it gets better as they both discover sacrifice and fighting for love. I love the end of this book, and this enemy to lovers romance was a fabulous read. All the incorporation of summer was very seasonally accurate and gave me all the vacation vibes.
Profile Image for J Williams.
17 reviews
July 19, 2022
I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a complimentary copy. Gemma Jensen is Avery's sister from Accidentally in Love and Nolan his her now brother in law. She works at Nolan and his brother bar as a bartender, they want her to take over the marketing for the bar but she does not want to.

Felix Jameson works at the bar as well as a bartender and he has custody of his younger sister. He is an amazing brother stepping up to the plate to care and raise his sister. He gives up a lot for her putting himself and his needs last.

Felix and Gemma are going on the first date when Felix stands Gemma up. I felt like Gemma should have acted like a mature adult and asked why he stood her up instead of getting so angry with him. I also think Felix should have told her why he could not meet her. He should have told Gemma how he was raising his sister and her needs came first.

Avery pushes Gemma to go to the family cabin to relax. Gemma goes but finds out Felix is there and she is not happy. Felix was told to go to the cabin as well so he could have some down time while his sister spends time with a friend and her family. Felix and Gemma stay at the cabin together, Gemma tries to avoid dealing with her feelings for Felix but they have the heat between them. Felix and Gemma end up getting together and at the close of their vacation they decide to keep seeing each other when they get home.

Felix and Gemma have another issue and things get rocky again. All of their issues could have been resolved through communication. Gemma needs to realize that Felix has responsibilities to his sister and should get over it already. I liked Felix, yes he should learn how to communicate but he was a good guy so he got a pass from me. Gemma needs to grow up and get over herself.

Overall, a good read, great chemistry and it was nice visiting Avery and Nolan agian.
Profile Image for Shelle Perry.
481 reviews30 followers
July 22, 2022
Trapped in love is the next book in the MacGregor Brothers Brewing Company series. While it is a sexy, steamy, and sometimes sweet romance with all the feels in all the right places, once again I am left feeling that the strength of Danica Flynn’s writing isn’t the romance but rather the character development as the story progresses. In the beginning, neither MC is worth writing home about.

Felix is overwhelmed by his circumstances and just a bit myopic. He has strong feelings for Gemma, but his obligation to his younger sister leaves him feeling as if he should push Gemma away so he doesn’t hurt her when his sister invariably will have to come first. Having taken on the responsibility at such a young age, he hasn’t yet realized that as an adult, he can love them both.

Gemma is flighty and dramatic and a bit of a bitch. She is afraid to go after what she wants because of her insecurities, which are many. She pushes back against the people who care for her out of the need to face the world on her terms at any cost. Felix presses ALL of her buttons in just the right ways, triggering both sides of the intense feelings coin, leading often as not to stupid sex or all out war.

A well-meaning manipulation sends both of them on the same mountain cabin vacation and the inevitable happens (because sexy steamy romance story). While the sex is great, the things they learn about each other and themselves are what make the book worth reading. This is the coming together of two dynamic creatives who complement each other well... if and/or when they remove their heads from their nether regions.

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Rating: 4 out of 5
Profile Image for Donna.
711 reviews5 followers
MacGregor Brothers Brewing Company #2

Felix Jameson works as a bartender for the MacGregor Brothers and has custody of his little sister. He had a date with Gemma but stood her up when he had to get his sister and never told her why so of course she hates him. In his life, he will always put his little sister first. But then he does it again. Two Strikes.
Gemma Jensen, 25 also works as a bartender and with Felix but can't stand him. She has never gotten over him standing her up. The brothers, one is her brother in law, want her to stop being a bartender and be their marketing director since she does some of that now but after her last job in that field she turns them down. Her sister talks her into going up to their family cabin by the lake to think things over and just have a vacation.
What she doesn't know at the time, is her sister is behind Felix also going up to the cabin for a vacation which works as his sister is going with her friend's family on vacation. This will give him time to relax without having to worry about his sister, work, and he can paint, sketch or whatever.
Sparks and tempers fly but they still have chemistry. She doesn't want to work out their differences, he has broken her heart twice but slowly that changes. They spend a great week together and really care about each other and are willing to try to make it work once they get back home. But it's just not that easy when it happens again.

4 stars
Profile Image for Rebecca June.
105 reviews
July 6, 2022
I received a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This story definitely had some really sweet moments and had you rooting for love, but the story also had some issues and things didn’t make sense.
The book is pitched as enemies to lovers and forced proximity—two tropes I usually like a lot. However, the enemies part is so short, most of the book is just spent…dating? It didn’t make a whole lot of sense why Felix wanted Gemma to think he was an asshole: it was not supported enough by his lack of time for dating. All he had to do was say, “Hey, I’m raising my sister, I don’t have a lot of time for dating.” Problem solved. No scheming to make Gemma think he’s an asshole at all. Less of a conflict, sure, but the conflict just didn’t seem realistic. The forced proximity isn’t a great description either because it’s not forced. It was encouraged but both people decided to stay. And once again, that part of the conflict was extremely short lived.
There were also very repetitive parts where the characters would continue to make a big deal about something that’s not, like Gemma consistently harping on the fact the she missed a call from her sister a year ago when she was having issues with her pregnancy because Gemma was on a date in which she got stood up. What?
Anyways, like I said, definitely a sweet read, but a bit unrealistic and not what I thought I signed up for.
Profile Image for Cheryl T.
217 reviews
July 21, 2022
This is an enemies to lovers story where I felt like the heroine really embraced her enemy role. Gemma seemed really angry for a lot of this book. She was either angry with Felix, her actual “enemy”, or Avery her sister, or Declan her boss. She was always just mad at someone for whatever reason. I found her to be quite abrasive. Like she wouldn’t even listen to Felix when he wanted to apologize to her. She even says she was being an asshole. So stop? Just don’t be one? He has literally told you he’s shit at relationships, so maybe help a brother out?

Felix was worried that he couldn’t be in a relationship because he’s the guardian of his 13 year old sister, which I get, taking care of a kid is a big responsibility. But single parents date and get married all the time. It was a poor excuse for not being with Gemma. And I’m sure if he had told her he was responsible for his sister so he couldn’t really date anyone she would have been like “cool man, I get it”, so he didn’t really have to be an asshole to her to make her stay away from him.

Now that being said, Gemma and Felix falling in love during their vacation? That was a good story. They really had good chemistry both between the sheets and out. I enjoyed when they weren’t enemies anymore and knew that they could be something more.
Profile Image for Trish- Late Knight Luna Reads.
1,227 reviews5 followers
July 13, 2022
“Trapped in Love” is the second book in the MacGregor Brothers Brewing Company series that is packed with steam, banter and some heartfelt moments.

Gemma is Avery’s sister and has been working at the brewery as a bartender and unofficial social media manager. She’s had a love/hate relationship with Felix, the other bartender. When both go on vacation and with some scheming by Avery, the two end up sharing a lake house. The two have chemistry but stubbornness and secrets keep them from having a relationship.

Overall, I liked this book. I loved the bi representation for both characters. There isn’t a whole lot out there and it’s nice reading about something relatable to me. I wouldn’t say they were true enemies, it was all just more based on Gemma having an incredibly stubborn side and jumping to conclusions. I can’t fault her completely as Felix was pretty secretive. Just talking and not being afraid to share some details of their lives would have solved ninety percent of their issues. Gemma was a little immature for my liking but thankfully she had Avery to put her head on straight. The steamy times were indeed steamy and didn’t lack on that at all. The ending was sweet and I’m looking forward to Declan MacGregor’s story whenever that releases.
Profile Image for Kelly-Jo Sweeney.
999 reviews13 followers
July 16, 2022
Trapped in love tells the story of Felix and Gemma. They've fancied each other from the moment that they first met, but after Felix stood Gemma up on what would have been their first date, they've been at each other's throats. When they both end up away on holiday together, it's clear that their obvious attraction is going to be impossible to ignore.
I did enjoy the romance between these two. They worked well together as a couple. The main reason that they can't be together though is because Felix is single-handedly raising his thirteen-year-old younger sister. I'm not sure exactly how hands he thinks he needs to be, she's thirteen and I'm sure that he could manage a relationship as well as his sister. Single parents with much younger kids certainly seem to manage things one way or another. I think that it was this that stopped me from giving this book a higher rating. Yes, he has a few things going on in his life, who doesn't? It's certainly not enough to make him drop all attempts at living his own life and I think that this 'conflict' was dragged out a little too long, making things slightly repetitive at points.
Overall, it was a good romance, but just not a brilliant one. Still a good read.
851 reviews4 followers
July 19, 2022
Gemma and Felix worked for the local bar attached to the MacGregor Brewing Company. Gemma used to be PR person for large city firm, but she and boss didn't click, making her doubt her abilities...so she became a bartender who also did all the brewery social media...She and fellow bartender Felix clashed after an initial interest from both, but when he stood her up for a date and never explained himself, he and Gemma sniped at each other...Declan MacGregor believes Gemma needs to take over the PR for the brewery, freeing him up for the bookkeeping and personnel issues...she's scared, so he forces her on vacation to think about job offer by taking her off the schedule, so she decides to go to her Dad's cabin. Felix hasn't had a vacation in years as he's the sole provider for his younger sister Skye as his father has substance abuse issues and in jail...so when Nolan MacGregor offers his father-in-law's Poconos cabin for a week, Felix jumps at the chance as his sister vacationing at beach with her bestie's family...then discovers Gemma also there...can the two get along for the week in a cabin in the woods...you will need to read this romp to see what happens...I voluntarily read this book through an Advanced Reader Copy.
Profile Image for TLynn.
1,240 reviews12 followers
July 20, 2022
Trapped in Love is the second book in the MacGregor Brothers Brewing Company. This is a fairly new author and after reading the first book, Accidently in Love, which I absolutely loved, I couldn’t wait for Gemma and Felix’s story. It was steamy forced proximity and enemies to lovers’ romance.
Gemma and Felix’s relationship started off rocky when he stood her up on their first date. After that, their work environment was full of conflict. Mischievously, Gemma’s sister encourages her to get away for a while to their father’s cabin in the Poconos while also sending Felix there to get away. Can a summer vacation romance survive when they return home?
Gemma and Felix were likable characters, and they had many layers. Most of their problems were due to miscommunication or no communication at all such as Felix never telling Gemma about his sister. Gemma was immature and jumped into action before thinking about the outcome. I was cheering for them the entire book and was so glad they finally opened up and communicated. I enjoyed the book and can’t wait to read the next book which is Declan’s story.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Daisy Knox.
Author 4 books24 followers
July 18, 2022

More reviews posted at Tales of Love, Life, and Murder

This story features Gemma and Felix, two employees of a small brewery who have an insane attraction. Unfortunately, he stood up her when they were set to go on their first date so she now loathes him. When the physical attraction gets the better of them both despite their constant bickering, well-meaning friends decide to set them up.

They decide to throw caution to the wind and have a vacation fling since they’re so hot for one another, but someone catches feelings so things aren’t that simple. I liked both characters very much but Gemma became a tad of a drama queen near the end. Felix makes a silly mistake and she overreacts in the most-over-the-top way but luckily she’s surrounded by mature and patient people who help her see she’s being a fool.
2,163 reviews6 followers
July 23, 2022
This is the second in the MacGregor Brothers Brewing Company series, it centers on Avery’s sister, Gemma and Felix who both work at the bar. Gemma and Felix have flirted often while working, he asked her out and stood her up. Every time they time they come in contact with each other, she is mean to him, hiding the hurt she feels. A total lack of communication from each of them causes the rift.

Felix has custody of his younger sister, their father is in prison. It broke up his last relationship, his partner did not like that he did not have time for him. He does not tell Gemma that he has custody of her or that she has to come first in his life.

The two do hook up one night, things are going great, but he sneaks off like a thief in the night when his sister calls him. This earns him more ire from Gemma, except not some at the brewing company know that there was something between them and decide to interfere. They instigate getting them both at Gemma’s dad’s cabin for the same week.

Will there be a war between them or will chemistry take over?

I cannot wait for the next in the series.
110 reviews
Two people, too proud, too scared
Gemma and Felix have a complicated relationship.   They bar tend together and whilst they both are attracted to each other, he irritates her and she acts as if she hates him.  Felix is responsible for his thirteen year old sister,  who is and always will be his priority, so when he asked Gemma on a date and a family emergency came up he stood Gemma up and refused to explain hence her hostility towards him. Gemma is offered the job as marketing director and despite being perfect for it, already doing the job, fear of failure causes her to refuse and frustrates her boss and others. An enforced holiday and meddling sister brings this couple into close contact and they start their relationship, towards the end of the holiday Felix has opened up and finally admits he wants a relationship ..only he bails again without thought for Gemma after getting a call from his sister. Too stubborn, difficult and strong personalities who react badly at times and rash decisions hinder their position.
1,467 reviews12 followers
July 20, 2022
3.5 stars. This was the first non-hockey romance I’ve read from this author (yes, I haven’t yet read the first in the series, though I’m going to because the blurb looks even more interesting than this one). Honestly, I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as the hockey romances, which surprised me, because small town is usually more my jam than sports romance. I think I found Gemma, the female lead, just too irrationally and unreasonably stubborn. I also found Felix, the male lead, too uncommunicative.

This story is dual POV, and well written; I just found the lead characters frustrating - they got in their own way! I did appreciate that they found their way in the end. Felix’s sister was cute and and a very reasonable reason for many of the choices he made, just not for the poor communication around his choices. The integration of secondary characters was great and I really enjoyed the setting. So still a great well written story, just not my favourite of this author’s works.

I received a complimentary copy from the author and this is my voluntary honest review.
647 reviews3 followers
July 23, 2022
Two people, too proud, too scared
Gemma and Felix have a complicated relationship. They bar tend together and whilst they both are attracted to each other, he irritates her and she acts as if she hates him. Felix is responsible for his thirteen year old sister, who is and always will be his priority, so when he asked Gemma on a date and a family emergency came up he stood Gemma up and refused to explain hence her hostility towards him. Gemma is offered the job as marketing director and despite being perfect for it, already doing the job, fear of failure causes her to refuse and frustrates her boss and others. An enforced holiday and meddling sister brings this couple into close contact and they start their relationship, towards the end of the holiday Felix has opened up and finally admits he wants a relationship ..only he bails again without thought for Gemma after getting a call from his sister. Too stubborn, difficult and strong personalities who react badly at times and rash decisions hinder their position.
187 reviews
July 20, 2022
I received this has a ARC book and voluntarily leaving my review

This is Gemma's story. We met Gemma in "Accidently in Love". Gemma is Avery's sister and can appear flighty. That isn't the case at all. Gemma is a vibrant and outgoing person. After a breakdown she came to stay with her sister. She gets a job has a bartender at her brother in laws brewery/pub. There she meets Felix (a fellow bartender). The chemistry between them is seen by everyone around them but themselves. Felix became Gemma's enemy number one after he stood her up and then started being mean to her.
The story is told through both Felix and Gemma POV. Follow along how has Gemma and Felix figure out their differences and go from enemies to lovers.
Profile Image for Amanda.
456 reviews5 followers
July 27, 2022
A fun engaging read. Felix and Gemma are interesting, if they both just talked to each other, it would definitely be a different story. The lack of honest communication resulted in me being frustrated with them several times while reading. However, it was worth it to see how it all worked out. Gemma is very relatable, especially her fear of failure, even though everyone loves and supports her so much. The way Gemma’s sister meddled was perfect and made them spend time together, like they both wanted to. It was not always easy for them, but they eventually found the right path. I highly recommend you read this book, you will definitely enjoy the characters. I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review

Profile Image for Amanda.
60 reviews5 followers
Read
July 15, 2022
Thank you to Danica Flynn for the ARC of this book! I’ve read all of her books and have loved them all.

They’re all very steamy and quick reads. This one follows a couple that has hooked up before, but the guy kind of ghosted the girl afterwards. He never explained himself, so now they’re more of enemies than exes…and they work together.

The “trapped in love” piece is close proximity, which y’all know I love. This book is spicy, fun, and romantic. Definitely add to your summer reading list!
Profile Image for Petra.
889 reviews
July 24, 2022
Trapped In Love is book #2 in this series.

I definitely liked this story about Gemma and Felix! Both are bartenders at the brewery and a great match, which is obvious to everyone except themselves. They both need a nudge in the right direction, and that's what happens when they're “advised” to take a vacation, a setup by Gemma's sister. Ending up in a cabin by the lake, they decide to try and make the best of it. Gemma holds a grudge against Felix, based on the fact that he stood her up on their date, so it takes a while for them to become friends, let alone lovers.

Great characters, I loved Felix’s little sister Skye as well, and I enjoyed the storyline (including the epilogue). Gemma was holding on to her grudge a bit too long, while Felix could do a bit better in explaining why he stood her up. But overall a great story with really steamy scenes.

I received an arc of this book and this is my voluntary and honest opinion.
Profile Image for BooksnClevrness.
21 reviews
September 22, 2022
This was such a cute story! While there was plenty of spice throughout the book (it also started pretty early which I was a huge fan of), you instantly fall in love with Gemma and Felix and you root for them to get together the whole time! I also loved that this book switched POV every chapter so you can watch both of them fall in love pretty instantaneously and it's soooo sweet! This book also had me looking into a vibrating tongue ring
July 28, 2022
I loved this book. it's easy to get attached to Felix and Gemma. The story is well constructed. You will laugh and maybe cry. And besides there is beer in the story. The perfect book for my vacation.
Profile Image for caffe.and.books (Aimee).
457 reviews43 followers
July 16, 2022
I wanted to love this book, the story has good bones, the idea is great as is the writing but unfortunately as a whole it just fell flat for me.

I didn’t feel like I could connect to the characters or their relationship- yes there was definitely chemistry and the smexy scenes were spicy and well done but there was a ton of repetitive statements and events and I caught myself skimming.

As I mention the writing style is really good but unfortunately the story just missed the mark.
Profile Image for Demi.
844 reviews16 followers
July 19, 2022
Felix and Gemma just can’t get it together. After Felix stands her up she’s angry, they have to work together. No explanations or apologies Gemma is over him. Then her family meddles and they end up spending time together. The attraction is high! So is the steam! Once they actually communicate things get better. Until they don’t! Sweet love story.
Profile Image for Olivia Blacke.
Author 6 books213 followers
August 4, 2022
Poconos. Beer. Bearded men. Enemies to lovers. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Profile Image for Nancy LeBel.
62 reviews
July 19, 2022
What a great story of Gemma and Felix. Quite colorful characters, quick to quit or not explaining themselves. Lots of hot chemistry (sexy hot sex scenes). Good continuity from her serie. I really enjoyed reading it.
16 reviews
October 28, 2022
Gemma and Felix are two people who start out bumping heads causing a lot of tension at work. Fighting their attraction and miscommunication after a botched first date just ratchet up the brewing tensions. Luckily for our two unsuspecting characters they have people who love them and give them a nudge in the right direction. Sometimes we need a little push to see what is in front of us! A sweet story with loveable characters who learn to overcome their own preconceived ideas to find love.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Displaying 1 - 28 of 28 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.